QRENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
VEHICLE DESCRIPTION AND TERM OF HIRE
1. The owner will let and the hirer will take the motor vehicle, details of which are described in the Rental Document (herein referred to as "the vehicle"), for the term of hire as described in the Rental Document.
PERSONS WHO MAY DRIVE THE RENTAL VEHICLE
2. The vehicle may be driven during the term of hire only by the persons named on the Rental Document, and only if they hold a current full valid driver's license appropriate for the vehicle while they are using the vehicle.
THE QUALIFICATION OF THE DRIVER
3. All the drivers must be at least 21 years old and must have an experience of driving a vehicle for at least 3 years. The driver must have valid driving license and passport. International driving license is required only in case the national driving licenses are not valid in Georgia or not given in Latin letters. Driver's license issued in countries that have signed the Vienna Convention are valid In Georgia.
4. The hirer can hire a vehicle online through QRENT’s web-page, by phone, e-mail or by visiting the office (office of QRENT: 11/11 Lermontov street).Renting is held by only a certain category of vehicles. QRENT can’t guarantee a specific model, but we try to consider your preference while booking.
5. Working days and hours of QRENT office in Georgia, Tbilisi:
Monday - Sunday 10:00 AM - 19:00 PM
24 Hours reservation from by the phone.
6. The minimum term of hire reservations is 24 hours. There are no maximum terms of reservations. The 24 hour term begins when the customer signs the Rental Agreement and receives the vehicle.
PAYMENTS BY HIRER
7. The hirer should pay the owner for the hire of the vehicle the sum or sums specified in the Rental Document; and authorizes the owner to charge all amounts payable to the hirer's account.
QRENT in Georgia accepts following types of credit cards: VISA, MasterCard, as well as cash payments.
Payments through bank transfers are possible in the presence of the Director’s approval. The payments have to be made in GEL with the official rates set by the National Bank of Georgia on the payment day. The exchange rate may be different from the rate that was set by the bank tenant.
8. In addition to the payment specified in clause 7 above, the hirer acknowledges that they shall be liable at the end of the hire term to pay to the owner any applicable additional charges payable at the end of the term. These include, but are not limited to:
a) a fee to cover additional drivers;
b) charges for petrol or other fuel used (but not oil);
d) charges for late return of the vehicle;
i) charges for damage or repair of the vehicle (subject to the other terms of the Rental Agreement); and any enforcement f)charges related to such damage or repairs (including legal costs);
g) charges for cleaning the vehicle's interior if the vehicle is returned in an excessively dirty condition that requires extra cleaning or deodorizing. This includes, but is not limited to, spillage of fluids, food, vomit, other stains, and unpleasant odors including the cigarette smoke;
h) traffic and/or parking offence infringement fees;
i) the administration fees as specified in the Rental Agreement;
j) any surcharges in connection with the use of a debit or credit card by the hirer.
ACCEPTANCE AND DELIVERY OF THE VEHICLE
9. All of the vehicles are given to the hirers in clean condition, and customers should return vehicles in the same condition (otherwise there is an additional fee of 15 GEL) and with the same amount of fuel which was in the vehicle at the moment of pick up.
If not so there is an additional fee of 3.0 GEL for per liter.
Please note that this is not a fuel selling.
10. Hirer, who is renting and handing over the vehicle at the airport, must book the vehicle in advance.
Hire, who purchase or hand the vehicles over the airport, pay a fee for the rental point in the amount of 25 USD (one way).
USE OF THE VEHICLE
11. Any authorized driver shall not:
a) use or allow the vehicle to be used for the transport of passengers for hire or reward unless the vehicle is hired with the owner's knowledge for use in a passenger service;
b) sublet or hire the vehicle to any other person;
c) allow the vehicle to be used outside his/her authority;
d) be under the influence of alcohol, drugs or have a blood alcohol content that exceeds the legal limit in the Territory of Georgia e) operate the vehicle or allow it to be operated in any race, speed test, reliability trial, rally or contest, or operated on any race or rally circuit or in any event as a pace-maker or testing in preparation for any of them;
f) operate the vehicle or allow it to be operated for the transport of more passengers than allowed in a rented vehicle;
g) use the Vehicle when it’s damaged or insafe;
h) allow the vehicle to be driven by any person who is not named or described in the Rental Document as a person permitted to drive the vehicle;
i) operate the vehicle or allow it to be operated to propel or tow any other vehicle;
j) transport any animal in the vehicle;
k) operate or allow the vehicle to be used in contravention of any legal activity;
12. The hirer shall ensure that:
a) all reasonable cares are taken while driving and parking the vehicle;
b) water in the vehicle's radiator and battery is maintained at the proper level;
c) the oil in the vehicle is maintained at the proper level;
d) only the fuel type specified for the vehicle should be used;
e) the tires are maintained at their proper pressure;
f) the vehicle is locked and secure at all the times when it is not in use and the keys should be kept under the hirer's personal control at all times;
g) the distance recorder or speedometer are not interfered with;
h) no part of the engine, transmission, braking or suspension systems are interfered with;
i) the hirer should stop the vehicle and contact to the owner if there are any lights on the taskbar;
j) all authorized drivers should carry their driving license with them in the vehicle and if it is necessary should produce it as a demand to any enforcement officer.
13. The owner shall supply the vehicle in a safe and roadworthy condition.
ECHANICAL REPAIRS AND ACCIDENTS
14. If the vehicle is involved in an accident, is damaged, breaks down or requires repair or salvage, regardless of cause, the hirer shall notify the owner of the full circumstances by telephone immediately.
15. The hirer shall not arrange or undertake any repairs or salvage without the owner's authority (this includes, but is not limited to, purchasing a replacement tire) except to the extent that repairs or salvage are necessary to prevent further damage to the vehicle or to other property.
16. 24 Hour Roadside Assistance is working for all inherent mechanical faults (as determined by the owner or authorized repairer) related to the vehicle specified in the Rental Document. For all other roadside assistances call outs including refueling, jump start, tire related incidents, lost keys and keys locked in the vehicle, a service fee will be charged.
17. If the vehicle requires repair or replacement, the decision to supply another vehicle to the hirer is at the owner's sole discretion.
RETURN OF THE VEHICLE
18 .The hirer shall, at or before the expiry of the term of hire, deliver the vehicle to the agreed rental location described in the Rental Document or obtain the owner's consent to the continuation of the hire (in which case the hirer shall pay additional hire charges for the extended term of hire). If the hirer does not comply with this clause, and does not immediately return the vehicle, the owner may report the vehicle as stolen to the Police and the hirer must compensate the owner for either the full cost of the vehicle, or all additional costs and losses incurred up to the time that the vehicle is recovered by the owner.
19. The hirer is liable for:
a) any loss of, or damage to, the vehicle and its accessories;
b) any consequential damage, loss or costs incurred by the owner, including salvage costs, loss of ability to re-hire and loss of revenue;
c) any loss of, or damage to, vehicles and property of third parties, arising during the term of hire.
20. All vehicles of the Lessor are insured including passengers (5 passengers) with maximum USD 2000 each (in equivalence with Georgian Lari). Insurance regards traffic accidents, damages caused by third parties, stealing, robbery, plunder.
If the accident has happened (any accident or damage, physical or material damage is caused to other persons while using the vehicle, loss or theft of the rented vehicle or its parts, stealing, robbery, plunder) the lessee must call Police immediately (phone number "112") and inform the representative of Lessor. The lessee should present Lessor office the official accident report from the police about accident within 24 hours. Otherwise the lessee is fully liable for the vehicle damages.
Lessee is fully liable for vehicle damage and traffic incident if the Lessee was driving under alcoholic or narcotic influence.
If the damage of the motor, gearshifts, chassis, wheels, bridges or tires or any other damage of the Lessor’s property are caused by the negligence of the Lessee and not connected with the traffic incident, Lessee take all financial responsibility.
Unconditional Deductible: 15% of loss, minimum USD 200.
21. The hirer acknowledges that the cover referred to in clause of 18 will not apply:
a) at any time when the driver of the vehicle is under the influence of alcohol or any drug;
b) at any time when the vehicle is in an unsafe or unroadworthy condition, such condition arising during the course of the hire, that caused or contributed to the damage or loss, and the hirer or driver was aware or should have been aware of the unsafe or unroadworthy condition of the vehicle;
c) at any time when a mechanical failure breakdown or breakage occurs and/or an electrical or electronic failure or breakdown occurs that is the result of improper use of the vehicle. This exclusion also applies to damage to the engine or transmission system directly resulting from any mechanical failure breakdown or breakage, but does not otherwise apply to resulting damage to other parts of the vehicle;
d) at any time when the vehicle is driven in any race, speed test, reliability trial, rally or contest, or operated on any race or rally circuit or in any event as a pace-maker, or testing in preparation for any of them;
e) at any time when the vehicle is driven by anyone not named or described in the Rental Document as a person permitted to drive the vehicle (unless the hirer is a body corporate or Department of State and the driver is authorized by them to drive, subject to all other terms and conditions in the Rental Agreement);
f) at any time when the vehicle is driven by an unlicensed person;
g) at any time when the vehicle is willfully or recklessly damaged or lost by the hirer, a nominated driver, or a person under the hirer's authority or control;
h) at any time when the driver commits a traffic offence while driving the vehicle;
i) at any time when the vehicle is loaded or is being loaded in excess of the manufacturer's specifications;
j) at any time when the vehicle is being loaded or unloaded beyond the limits of a thoroughfare and such loading or unloading is not performed by the driver or attendant of the vehicle;
k) at any time when the driver fails to stop or remain at the scene following the occurrence of an accident where required to do so by law;
l) to any fine or penalty imposed as a result of prosecution for breach of any law;
m) to any puncture, cut or bursting of any tire, or damage to any tire by application of brakes;
n) to any wear and tear to the vehicle;
o) to any liability for damage caused by vibration or the weight of the vehicle or its load to any: bridge or viaduct; any road or anything beneath a road; any underground pipe line or cable; or any other underground installation provided that the limit of liability in these circumstances will be $1,000,000;
p) to any overhead damage to the vehicle or to the property of any third party resulting from such overhead damage;
q) at any time when the vehicle was being driven on any unformed roads and/or roads other than tarseal or metal; including but not limited to beaches, driveways, or any surface likely to damage the vehicle; or
r) at any time when the vehicle was operated beyond the term of the Rental Agreement or any agreed extension of the term, or at any other time or in any other circumstances notified by the owner to the hirer.
22. All penalties related to traffic and/or parking offences are the responsibility of the hirer and the owner may charge the hirer for any traffic and/or parking offence infringement fees incurred by the hirer. The owner undertakes, in the event that the owner receives notice of any traffic or parking offenses incurred by the hirer, to send a copy of any such notice to the hirer as soon as is practicable and to provide the necessary information to the relevant issuing authority for such notices to be directed to the hirer. The hirer has the right to challenge, complain about, query or object to the alleged offence to the issuing enforcement authority and has a right to seek a court hearing (within 56 days from the date of issue of the infringement notice or 28 days from the date of issue of the reminder notice).
The owner may also charge an administration fee to cover the cost of processing and sending to the hirer notices related to traffic and/or parking infringements.
CANCELLATION OF HIRE AGREEMENT
23. The owner has the right to terminate the hire and take immediate possession of the vehicle if the hirer fails to comply with any of the terms of the Rental Agreement, or if the vehicle is damaged. The termination of a hire under the authority of this clause shall be without prejudice to the other rights of the owner and the rights of the hirer under the Rental Agreement or otherwise.
RESTRICTIONS WHILE DRIVING
24. The vehicle can be driven on the territory of Georgia, Armenia. A special permission of the director of QRENT is necessary for driving the vehicle on the territory of Armenia. Such service must be required in advance.
HIRE IN ONE DIRECTION
25. Hire in one direction is possible. The possibility of renting in one direction is available to all the hires, who hire vehicles in QRENT in Tbilisi and hand over vehicles in other parts of Georgia
VALIDITYOF THE CONDITIONS
26. QRENT reserves the right of changing the Conditions unilaterally and without prior notice.
B) Breach of any of the paragraphs in the Conditions will not void the Agreement and will not free QRENT or the Renter from fulfilling their obligations according to rest of the Conditions. 27. Any dispute between QRENT and the Renter will be settled between the parties. If a settlement cannot be reached, the dispute will be settled by the Judiciary of the Republic of Georgia and according to the legislation of the Republic of Georgia.
The information requested from the hirer is to enable the owner to assess the hirer’s request to hire a vehicle. The hirer does not have to supply this information, but if the hirer does not, then the owner is unable to hire the vehicle. The hirer acknowledges that the owner will collect, hold and use the hirer’s personal information for purposes related to the hire of the vehicle and the provision of related customer services, including direct marketing and assessing customer satisfaction with products and services provided by the owner. The hirer further acknowledges that such personal information may be disclosed to debt collection agencies in the event that the hirer defaults in the payment of any monies owing to the owner, or other parties involved in an accident with the vehicle while on hire to the hirer; or any organizations responsible for the processing or handling of traffic related infringements; and the hirer hereby authorizes the disclosure of their personal information for such purposes.
NOTE TO HIRER
NOTE - THE OWNER MUST GIVE THE HIRER AT LEAST ONE COPY OF THE RENTAL AGREEMENT WHICH MUST BE KEPT IN THE VEHICLE THROUGHOUT THE TERM OF THE HIRE AND PRODUCED ON DEMAND TO AN ENFORCEMENT OFFICER.